Who doesn't love Olive Garden? The great bread sticks. Great Italian food. It's so DELICIOUS! One of my favorite dishes there is grilled chicken fettuccine alfredo. As I have mentioned before, I'm trying to eat healthier, so going to Olive Garden whenever I want, probably wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. I found a healthier alternative to this great entrée on the Food Network website. Whole wheat fettuccine with grilled chicken and zucchini. For those of you who don't like zucchini (ahem...Emily, just kidding), try it first and if you don't like them, take them out. I really enjoyed this dish and will make it again soon! What other favorite dishes do you enjoy at restaurants?
Here's the recipe, which can also be found on the Food Networks website here
Ingredients:
- kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 4-ounce thin skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine (preferable whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk (1%)
- 1/2 cup evaporated nonfat milk
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
Heat another tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper( I like to use Mrs. Dash's table seasoning blend instead of salt and pepper) and cook through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
Cook the pasta as directed on box. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; return pasta to the pot.
Whisk the flour and low-fat milk in a bowl. Place the remaining 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet and cook, over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add the four-milk mixture and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the evaporated milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cheese. Stir to melt, about 1 minute.
Cut the chicken into strips. Toss with the pasta, sauce, zucchini and parsley; adding the reserved pasta water to loosen.
ENJOY!
Im thinking....Broccoli. Broccoli is good. I think I may make this sometime, as Rob and I are trying to eat haeltier too. Thanks!!
ReplyDeleteLooks good I love fettuccine alfredo and zucchini! I will have to try this prolly not whole wheat though ha ha!
ReplyDelete